Friday, July 07, 2006

Baptist organizations, Associates & Friends Greetings 賀詞 : 1

BAPTIST WORLD
ALLIANCE


November 1, 2005
Pastor Peter Leong

Dear Peter,

May the peace and joy of Christ be with you. It gives me great joy on the occasion of your 60th birthday and the 35th anniversary of your ministries to the Lord’s service to send you congratulations from the Baptist World Alliance.

I remember well your leadership when you were serving in Hong Kong, and thank God for the way he has led you over these years.
We appreciate your encouragement and support of the Baptist World Alliance over the years and your presence in England at the Centennial Congress was greatly appreciated.

Please accept this letter as a sign of our love and appreciation for you. May the peace and joy of Christ continue to encourage you in your ministry.

Thank you and God bless you.




Yours faithfully in Christ,
Denton Lotz
General Secretary
DL/lw

***********

BGCT
Baptist General Convention of Texas

December 10, 2005

Pastor Peter Leong
Southwest Chinese Baptist Church
Stafford, Texas


Dear Pastor Leong :

“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. “ Phil. 1: 3-6

Congratulation on the occasion of your 60th birthday and on 35 years of ministry in the Lord’s service! This is a great time of celebration for you and your church not only as you rejoice in service but also in the way God has blessed your church.

Pastor Leong, you have touched the hearts of so many by the quality of your work and by your authentic Christian love. At this time you are able to celebrate the many people God has put in your path. Your leadership and ministry through the years is a demonstration of God’s love and presence with them. ½ Dr. Wade
You lift up the right themes, the right principles, and the right gospel . Many have been blessed because of your shepherd’s heart and your faithfulness in His service. Your participation in the life of our Baptist General Convention of Texas has been invaluable. When I think of you I think of these words in Titus: “You must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that you can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.”(Titus1:9) You have always done this.

As pastor, encourager and leader you have earned the respect of all those in the sphere of your ministry. Take great delight in that, Peter, and know that only eternity will be able to measure the good God has given you to do.

On behalf of the larger Texas Baptist family represented by the Baptist General Convention of Texas, thank you for your partnership in the gospel over these years as you truly are the : Presence of Christ in your world.”

Thank you for always being faithful to His call.

Sincerely,


Charles R. Wade
Executive Director

*********

Dear Pastor Peter,

This is such a wonderful event celebrating your 60 years of life. I have known you for a third of that time (but I cannot say what percentage it is of my life since I don’t want to give away my age).? But for the undisclosed percentage it is, you have changed my life.
I have told you so many times how invaluable you have been to me personally and to our work in Texas. You have saved me from myself and my lack of Chinese cultural knowledge with your wise counsel. You have helped me grow in so many ways. I cherish your wisdom and the humble way in which you work with so many different people. I value your friendship so very much. One of the most recent memories I have is of your gracious hosting of my 20 year anniversary. It was such a special time for me and your message to me was both challenging and funny. I will never forget it or your part in It.? I pray for you all the best, but mostly that your walk with the Lord will grow ever sweeter with each passing day. Happy Birthday!

Patty Lane
*************
Pastor Peter
overflows with a heart of service to the Lord.
I have never known someone
who offers so much of themselves.
Pastor Leong
has become a father in the ministry,
an example of love for people,
and a friend in life.
I am happy to celebrate this beautiful day with his church and family

Cathy Dundas, BGCT

**********

BGCT
Baptist General Convention of Texas

December 9, 2005

The Rev. Peter Tuck Soon Leong
SOUTHEST CHINESE BAPTIST CHURCH


Dear beloved Friend, Peter Leong :

I wish to congratulate you upon this special occasion of the 35/60 Celebration of your life and Ministry. My intent to be with you was pure and scheduled, but due to an unavoidable situation, I cannot. However, that does not diminish this celebration nor my admiration for you. It saddens me that I am not in attendance.

Peter, you are a cherished friend. You have given me the privilege on two occasions to share ministry with you and the fine people of Southwest Chinese Baptist Church. I discovered a vibrant congregation whose devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ is obvious to all.

Your devotion to your family, your congregation, Texas Baptists, and the whole body of Christ flow from your devotion to Christ.

In the words of St. Paul to his favorite congregation, “I thank my God every time I remember you “(Philippians 1:3, NIV) and to his favorite pastor , “do the work of an evangelist ”( 2 Timothy 4:5)

I trust the Lord will allow us to be together in the days ahead.

God bless you, your family, and your congregation !

Prayerfully yours,
Ted L. Elmore

***********

Whenever I think of Pastor Peter Leong, I think of laughter.
Your amazing wit and smiling eyes
communicate no matter what language you are speaking!
I also love the fact
that you easily share yourself with others –
in Houston, in Texas, and all over the world.
Your support of Baptist causes is well known as well.
At one such event, you were generously capturing photos
of those in attendance
and you caught me in mid-laugh.
This photo has become one of my favorites!!
And Pastor Peter Leong,
you are one of my favorites as well!
Blessings on you and your continued work for the Kingdom.


Karen Campbell
Union Baptist AssociationHouston, TX 77018kc@ubahouston.org

******

「那是一塊磐石?」
很高興知道梁牧師很快便很健康地踏上六十大壽日子了。見到梁牧師所牧養現在的及過去的教會,都十分蒙福,相信他所付出的心血決沒有徒勞。肯定是 神重用他,他也以 神作磐石,依靠祂。在磐石上建造,有根有基。
記得廿多年前當時的曹姊妹(現在的梁師母),被「證主」派去上一課行政管理的研討會,講員的英文名字意思是「那一塊磐石?」就在那裡,梁牧師認識了曹姊妹。
現在回想起來,這問題的答案是對於他們兩人來說,除了 神是他們的磐石之外,對方就是他們的磐石,彼此扶持,互相幫助。而不少人也在他們當中得到「磐石」。
相信在未來的人生,他們還更會被主所用,活得更豐盛、更精彩。
梁牧師、師母,在這裏遙遙的向您們祝賀。願您們繼續「行完『我』的路程,成就『我』從主耶穌所領受的職事,證明 神恩惠的福音」(使徒行傳21:24)

薛孔奇 / 前香港福音證主協會總幹事

********

梁牧師,
朋友們尊敬您,因你的誠摯。
親友們牽掛您,因您總是接納他們。
家人們關愛您,因您總是那麼體貼,
無微不至。
上帝對您力上加力,恩上加恩,
因為您是祂忠心不渝的僕人。

符家裕 /馬來西亞 芙蓉市
*****

所認識的梁德舜牧師
由我來說,梁德舜牧師,就好像要說家人一樣的平常與熟悉。
一通電話或是一封e-mail,只要聯上,就可以立刻聊。
他敬畏 神,是一位忠僕,他的事奉完全是跟隨耶穌的脚蹤行。
他傳講 神的話語鏗鏘有力,清楚明白,極易進入人心。
他愛教會,是忠心管家,無論對當年的香港大埔浸信會或
是現在的美國西南華人浸信會,會友執事,每一位都明瞭。
他愛世界,銜主旨宣教,從馬來西亞、新加坡、泰北、緬東、
港澳、大陸、台灣等亞洲各國和歐、美洲等地,廣傳福音。
他的愛心,與他的榜樣,認識他的人,
都能感受到他的關懷。
從摯友施達雄牧師或紐奧良的弟兄姐妹,都點滴在心頭。

林錦英 台北景美浸信會會友
********

欣聞梁牧師六十大壽,謹此祝福恭賀

你以恩典為年歲的冠冕,
你的路徑都滴下脂油。
祂必將長久的日子,
生命的年數與平安加給你。

主內小末肢
安然 敬賀 (台北景美浸信會)

*********

梁牧師叔叔要過60歲生日了!

看著家裡照像簿中梁牧師叔叔,以前的又酷又瀟灑照片,
有點不敢相信,這位開朗的叔叔竟已邁入不惑之年。

在我的經驗中,梁德舜牧師叔叔是一位極有愛心,
且懂得關懷的長輩。
每當我或我家裡出了什麼事,他總是會在第一時間內
以電子郵件或是電話慰問,如此之快,
常常讓我們全家感到無比的溫馨。

此外,他更是一位有「深度」的牧師,
講起話來開朗卻不失穩重,溫和而滿有智慧。
我很喜歡聽他評論一些事情,
總能讓人見識到他生命的內涵與歷練。

從小認識這樣一位有「速度」,有「深度」的牧師,實在是很享受。
在這特別的日子裡,祝福梁牧師叔叔、師母永遠平安、喜樂。

姪 施以諾 於台灣台北市

*********
良牧的畫像
梁德舜牧師是位忠心、良善、有見識的好牧師,其人如其名,
古人堯舜古帝般地道德高尚。他的朋友與牧養的會友均喜歡他待人溫文有禮,
熱心關懷的那股基督馨香之氣。
遠從25年前領受梁牧師到紐奧良華人長老會傳遞神的信息,就似乎認定了我們在休士頓 神國同工的緣份。梁牧師有屬靈的智慧與國度開闊的心胸,
除了牧養西南華人浸信會,他還積極地參與並推動休士頓四十多家基督教華人教牧團契禱告會及各項活動。
多次在唐祟榮牧師佈道大會之籌備,福音證主協會、號角月刊及光鹽社的事奉裏,學習到梁牧師謙卑、憐憫、作事慎重,但不墨守成規的風範。
特別是在幫助主內或社區中最小的弟兄身上,看到梁牧師、師母所流露的基督愛心。
藉此六十大壽,我不禁要說:「哈利路亞,讚美 神!謝謝 主賜良牧梁牧師!」梁牧師,生日快樂!願 神更祝福及重用您及您的家!

袁昶黎

*********

梁牧師:您好!
獲悉您60大壽將至,首先祝您生日快樂!
身體健康!生活甜蜜!
一個人能活多久,這不是能以個人的意志所能決定的。
但是人可以決定自己活著的方式,
在我眼裡您不僅僅為自己活者,
也為基督耶穌和眾多的弟兄姐妹們活著,
這樣的人生是有意義的。
因為您為您的身後,留下了許許多多讓人們永生難忘的事。 這些年來我能有這樣良好的心態面對生活,
我一直認為與您的真誠無私地幫助是分不開的,
從內心我對您和師母懷有深深的感激。

李果 旅居溫哥華
*********
十九年前我結識了梁牧師,
是他給了我力量,
是他教會我開車。
在艱苦的移民路上,
神的眷顧及牧師的引領,
我終走過了。

恩師,我感謝你。


吳家齡
*******

親愛的牧師
生日快樂,身體健康。
今日是你的生日,亦是我要衷心感激你的時刻。
1988年得到你的鼓勵和祝福,
令我充滿信心再回到工作的地方,
今日我的成就,
牧師,
我衷心多謝你,你真是我們的好牧師。


關沃湛,慧娟
***********

花甲之慶

傳統曆法是天干地支計算,
六十年週而復始,是新的開始。

亞伯拉罕、摩西應許、使命、
都是在他們已過花甲之年。

深信 神會有一個新的使命 放在梁牧師的面前。

Willian & Amy Wan



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home